Dad of Divas' Reviews: Blu-Ray Review - Spy Kids: All The Time in the World

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blu-Ray Review - Spy Kids: All The Time in the World

About the Blu-Ray/DVD
Anchor Bay Entertainment and Dimension Films announced today the home video release of the fourth film in the action-packed family film franchise, SPY KIDS: ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD, from dynamo director Robert Rodriguez (Sin City). Lead by Jessica Alba (Little Fockers), SPY KIDS: ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD features a talented ensemble cast that includes funnyman Joel McHale (TV’s “Community”), comedian Ricky Gervais (TV’s “The Office”), Jeremy Piven (HBO’s “Entourage”), Danny Trejo (Machete), Rowan Blanchard (The Back-up Plan), andnewcomer Mason Cook—along with the franchise’s long-standing cast members Alexa Vega and Daryl Sabara, who have appeared in all four SPY KIDS features.

Heading to retail on November 22, 2011, SPY KIDS: ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD is available for a SRP of $39.99 for the Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, which includes a Blu-ray™, a standard definition DVD, a Digital Copy of the film, as well as a special bonus disc that includes a 3D Blu-ray™ version of the film—for a total of 4 discs; and $29.98 for the standard definition DVD.

The action packed franchise is back…with the next generation of Spy Kids! Marissa Cortez Wilson (Jessica Alba) has it all: married to a famous spy-hunting television reporter (Joel McHale), with a new baby and intelligent twin step kids, Rebecca (Rowan Blanchard) and Cecil (Mason Cook). When the maniacal Timekeeper (Jeremy Piven) disrupts her domestic bliss—threatening to take over the planet—Marissa comes out of retirement as a top secret agent. With Armageddon quickly approaching, Rebecca and Cecil are thrust into action! With a little help from some familiar Spy Kids friends, Carmen (Alexa Vega), Juni (Daryl Sabara), their faithful dog Argonaut (Ricky Gervais) and some mind-blowing gadgets, they just may be able to save the world!

The SPY KIDS: ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD Blu-ray™ and DVD bonus features include an interview with director Robert Rodriguez; a “Spy Kids Passing the Torch” featurette; a “Spy Gadgets” clip; deleted scenes; and more! Note: Special features are subject to change.

Learn more about SPY KIDS: ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD at: www.spykidsmovie.net


Recipes and Activities





Blue Cheese Prank




Panic Room Discovery




Escape Jets Roar to Action




My Take on the Blu-Ray/DVD
I have seen some of the earlier movies in this series, but had not yet seen this one. I have to say that this was a fun movie and my kids really enjoyed it as well. Acting was about on par with the previous movies that I saw and I think I can easily say that my kids thought that the best part of the movie were the cool gadgets and technology that the Spy Kids got to use during the film. They wanted the same to use in our own home. I don't know how I feel about that, but the technology was pretty cool. The plot of the story was fun and engaging and you will be amazed at how quickly this movie flies by!

On top of the movie itself I was also impressed with the ton of great bonus features that the DVD has on it. My girls loved the Spy Kids Passing the Torch featurette that was on the DVD. I personally really enjoyed the interview with the Director as I always enjoy learning more about the making of movies and what went into the thoughts behind the movie itself. The reason I like this is that I always find out so much more than I would have ever known by listening to things like this and this DVD extra was no different in that regard.

All-in-all this was a great movie for the whole family.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: