Dad of Divas' Reviews: Back to School with Glow Pets

Friday, September 6, 2013

Back to School with Glow Pets

Glow Pets
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Product
The transition from the carefree days of summer to back-to-school is never easy. Whether kids have pre-first day of school jitters, a fear of the dark or they just need a familiar companion to ensure a good night’s sleep in preparation for the busy days ahead, Glow Pets are here to help!

Glow Pets

Glow Pets are the amazing light-up pet that also transforms into a soft, comfy 15-inch pillow. By simply pressing the button on the pet’s paw, it will become a comforting glowing light that helps kids drift off to sleep. Each pet has special LED lights inside that create a glow without producing heat, and the built-in timer automatically shuts the light off after 20 minutes. Kids can choose from 10 different furry friends, including Shimmering Seal, Sparkling Unicorn, Brilliant Pup and Flashy Penguin. (MSRP: $29.99, Ages 3 and up)



My Take on the Product
I have tried products like this in the past and for my kids they just don't hold up and they don't put out much light, so I really did not know what to expect with this one. My kids had seen advertising for this so I was game to try it myself.

The first night we tried this I was quite impressed with the amount of output that the Glow Pet put out. It lit up the room fairly well and with the 20 minute timer I could know that I would not have to be sneaking back into my daughters room to turn off the light later in the evening.

I also noticed that the Glow Pet stayed cool the entire time we were using it which was good, as I did not want undue heat being conducted with my child while they were in bed.

I am interested to try this with rechargeable batteries in the future to see how these hold up too... as it would make my life a lot easier in the end if we could use this instead of regular batteries.

After a few days now I have to say that my daughter loves her Glow Pet and it has become a part of the bedroom routine. It provides her with the added comfort of a soft glow to the bedroom, which is great, as the other night lights that we had were so bright!

All-in-all I am impressed and think that you will be too!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: