Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The Buddy Files: The Case of the Lost Boy

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Book Review - The Buddy Files: The Case of the Lost Boy

About the Book
"My name is King. I am a dog. I am also a detective."

King has a very big mystery to solve. His family is missing, and he's been put in the P-O-U-N-D. Why doesn't his beloved human (Kayla) come to get him? When King is adopted by Connor and his mom, things get more confusing. The new family calls him Buddy!

And just as Connor and Buddy start to get acquainted, Connor disappears! Buddy (aka King) has big problems to solve, but with some help from his friend Mouse (a very large dog) and the mysterious cat with no name, he shows what a smart, brave dog can do.

Mystery fans and dog lovers will be swept up in Dori Hillestad Butler's funny, satisfying story... and left eager for Buddy's next adventure.

My Take on the Book
My daughter is in second grade and I am always looking for books that can push her forward as well as books that she can read independently and this fit the bill on both accounts. The book was easy to read, and even better a mystery (which is the genre of story that my daughter loves most). My daughter loved the fact that the story comes from the standpoint of the dog and that the dog has to take up the case to find Connor. The book was quick and my daughter mentioned that it was over so quick (which means she really enjoyed it). The book also is written in such a way that te font is larger and makes it easier to read for an early reader. If you like a good mystery that involves animals you will love this story as well. The story will draw you in with great characters and an engaging plot and you will find that you do not want to stop reading until the very end to see what happens next!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: