Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - The Angel of Evil

Monday, September 19, 2011

DVD Review - The Angel of Evil

About the DVD

Angel of Evil, directed by Michele Placido, received eight David di Donatello nominations from the Italian Academy. Based on the memoirs of infamous Milan gang leader Renato Vallanzasca who admitted, “I was born to be a thief,” this fast-paced action film recounts his astonishing four-decade career. The charismatic Vallanzasca is portrayed by popular Italian actor Kim Rossi Stuart. Special features on the Angel of Evil DVD include a behind-the-scenes feature, “An Italian Job: The Making of Vallanzasca,” and deleted and extended scenes.

My Take on the DVD

If you are not into a bit of blood and godfather-esque violence, this movie may not be for you. While this movie is violent, I will say that the acting was superb and that the main actor did a great job at capturing the essence of this gang leader. I have to say that I would not want to meet this guy in a darkened alley! Not only did the main actors do a good job, but there were also many supporting actors that also made this movie memorable. All-in-all this was a strong film, with great acting and writing. Just be ready for quite the ride - and be ready for the violence.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: