Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - When I Grow Up I Want To Be...in the U.S. Army!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Book Review - When I Grow Up I Want To Be...in the U.S. Army!

When I Grow Up I Want To Be...in the U.S. Army!
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
When Jake's teacher assigns a "career" project, Jake decides he wants to be a soldier in the United States Army. Jake and his father visit an Army surplus store to find items he can use to present his project. As they search the store, each item makes the history and proud spirit of the U.S. Army come to life for Jake and readers alike. Through Jake's discoveries, readers are introduced to the history of the U.S. Army, what soldiers' duties include, and the equipment they use.



My Take on the Book
This book is one of a series of books dedicated to introducing young readers to careers for people who serve the community and others. In this particular story Jake has an assignment from his teacher to write and present a report about his choice for his future.

Jake decides he wants to become a soldier in the U.S. army and his father assists him in his research.

The story is written well with details about the clothing worn, equipment needed , medals and honor that can be acquired, and the various "jobs' within the U.S. army. Photographs and drawings accompany the text.

The story is full of interesting information. I learned many new facts and I am sure the children and parents who read this story will too. One fact I am sure you will recall is we need to have a greater appreciation for those men and women who serve in the U.S . army. They choose to put their lives on the line for those of us who are fortunate to live in the United States of America.



----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com