Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Love 'Em or Lose 'Em #LoveEmLoseEmBook

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Book Review - Love 'Em or Lose 'Em #LoveEmLoseEmBook

Love 'Em or Lose 'Em
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
Since employees who walk out the door cost their companies up to 200 percent of their annual salaries to replace, retention is one of the most important issues facing businesses today. And with so many surveys reporting that employees are unhappy and not working up to their full potential, engagement is a second serious and costly issue. The latest edition of this Wall Street Journal bestseller offers twenty-six simple strategies—from A to Z—that managers can use to address their employees’ real concerns and keep them engaged. The fifth edition has been revised and updated throughout and includes many more international examples, reflecting the fact that Love ’Em or Lose ’Em is available in twenty-two languages, from Albanian and Arabic to Thai and Turkish. Its message is truly one that spans continents and cultures.



My Take on the Book
In my line of work there is stress and a lot asked of employees. With that in mind I at times have been finding people disengaging, sometimes to a great extent, and this does not bode well for their overall productivity or their willingness to go above and beyond. As a leader I know that I have to do what I can to engage and motivate them and this book gives me many tools to do just that. While I have never read the other versions of this book, I have to say that I am impressed with the overall information shared in the book. The information is practical and easy to implement. The author share the information in a straight forward manner and I find that I have already started using it. No matter if it is with my student employees or my professional staff the tools and resources shared here make sense for people at all levels of employment. I am looking forward to continuing to use this well into the future!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: