Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - When I Grow Up I Want To Be...a Teacher!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Book Review - When I Grow Up I Want To Be...a Teacher!

When I Grow Up I Want To Be...a Teacher!
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
Carlee always wanted to be a teacher when she grew up, until her mother is hired as a teacher at her school! Some of her friends are even in her mother's class. Carlee is worried. What will her friends say? Will her mother do something to embarrass her? Carlee vows never to become a teacher like her mother, but as she journeys through the first day of school with her own new teacher, Carlee makes some surprising discoveries.


My Take on the Book
Carlee is beginning a new year at school. She loves school and always wanted to become a teacher. This year has changed that for her because her mother has a position as a teacher at the school she attends. She is concerned her mother will interfere with her education and how her friends will react when they find out her mother is a teacher in the school. Well, Carlee is in for a surprise as he listens to the positive comments from her friends who have her mother as their educator.

Carlee learns that a teacher must work very hard to teach many subjects and to keep school interesting . She develops a new appreciation for not only her teacher's hard work but the work her mother is doing too.

One part I really enjoyed about the book is the authors interspersed various famous people as Carlee was thinking about other careers. The authors wrote short factual paragraphs about these famous doctors,writers,designers, inventors, and even bankers. I know I learned some interesting facts along the way too as I read the story.

I believe you and your child will not only learn from this story but enjoy Carlee's journey to deciding what she would like to be when she grows up.



----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: