About the Movie
Vin Diesel returns to the larger-than-life role that made him a global superstar as Riddick blasts its way onto Blu-ray™ Combo Pack including Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet™ on January 14, 2014, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film will also be available on Digital HD December 17, 2013. The third feature film installment of the blockbuster series returns to its hardcore action roots with an all-new, no-holds-barred adventure from writer and director David Twohy, creator of the hit franchise.
Debuting an Unrated Director’s Cut with even more intense, heart-pounding sequences not shown in theaters and an alternate ending, the Blu-ray Combo Pack includes bonus features that reveal the behind-the-scenes secrets of the heart-stopping thriller’s incredible cast, uniquely talented crew and cutthroat characters. In addition, Riddick will be available in a new collection that includes all three movies in the groundbreaking franchise: Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick and Riddick plus The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury from Emmy Award-Winning animator, Peter Chung (“Æon Flux”).
In an electrifying return to his signature role, Diesel heads up an internationally acclaimed cast that includes Karl Urban (Star Trek franchise), Katee Sackhoff (“Battlestar Galactica”), Jordi Mollà (Columbiana), WWE superstar Dave Bautista (upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy), Noah Danby (“Defiance”), Danny Blanco Hall (Immortals), Bokeem Woodbine (Total Recall), Matt Nable (Killer Elite), Raoul Trujillo (Apocalypto), Conrad Pla (Immortals), Neil Napier (White House Down), Nolan Gerard Funk (“Aliens in America”) and two-time Grammy Award nominee Keri Lynn Hilson.
The Blu-ray Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet.
Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound. DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
DIGITAL HD with Ultraviolet lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad®, iPhone®, Android™, smart TVs, connected Blu-ray players, game consoles, and more.
Bonus Features Exclusively on Blu-ray
- The Twohy Touch—In this short film, writer and director David Twohy explains the development of Riddick, the third feature film in his high-concept sci-fi series. Interviews and on-set footage detail Twohy’s vision and inspiration, as well as the creative collaboration between the filmmaker and star Vin Diesel that takes the cult franchise to a new level.
- Riddickian Tech—The filmmakers, including Riddick’s amazing effects team, talk about the extraordinary technologies used to create Riddick’s eye-popping sci-fi elements, from the practical effects to the green screen wonders that made it possible to bring this high-intensity, futuristic thriller to the big screen.
- The World Of Riddick—Key members of the filmmaking team, including director David Twohy, production designer Joseph C. Nemec III and director of photography David Eggby talk about the inspiration and influences behind the film’s vivid and unique visuals and savage predators.
Bonus Features on Blu-ray and DVD
- Vin’s Riddick—Vin Diesel, his co-stars and the entire filmmaking team provide an inside look at the superstar’s passion for everything from the film’s production and development to his intensive physical training, as well as just what makes Diesel ideal for the role of the indestructible Richard B. Riddick.
- Meet The Mercs—From Karl Urban and Katee Sackhoff to Jordi Mollà, Dave Bautista, Bokeem Woodbine, and Nolan Gerard Funk, this featurette spotlights the dynamic supporting cast of Riddick and the characters they portray, exploring what the actors bring to their roles, as well as the weapons and clothing styles that define them to enhance this heart-stopping thriller.
- Riddick: Blindsided—A motion comic prequel to Riddick that fills in the gap since 2004’s The Chronicles of Riddick.
My Take on the Movie
This was a movie that any Riddick fan will love. From the beginning to the end you are given a ton of action packed sequences with violence, but also a story that adds to the two previous movies that have been made. The actors do a great job bringing their characters to life and you are drawn into the story itself. This movie goes back to some of its' monster movie roots as you will find Riddick having to kick the butts of a ton of monsters in this movie which is part of the overall fun itself. All-in-all this was a ton of fun and you will be kept on the edge of your seat until the very end of the movie.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org