Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - What Women Fear

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Book Review - What Women Fear



About the Book
A woman's faith in God is challenged by the first question Satan asks Eve in the Bible: "Did God really say you can’t eat from any tree in the garden?" That seed of doubt and the story it begins to unfold breed a concept of fear still haunting each of us on some level every day-the idea that our actions could ruin something beautiful, and God might not have control of things.

In What Women Fear, acclaimed writer and speaker Angie Smith admits, "fear is a major part of my testimony" and talks openly about her treatment for anxiety as a child. Giving a voice to the problem, she says, "I truly believe every single one of us struggles with some type of fear, whether it's fear of flying or fear of being 'found out.' Maybe you don’t worry about dying, but you get sick thinking about the fact that you might fail."

Rather than suggesting that those who truly love the Lord would never fear, Angie blends her own experiences with those of men and women from throughout Scripture to help us start dealing more effectively with these true, human emotions. Whether it’s a constant "What if?," a nagging fear of abandonment or betrayal, fear of your own or someone else’s death, fear of trusting God's plan, or even the fear that God's existence is a lie, Angie will walk you through stories of others who have simultaneously loved God and struggled with fear.
 Join Angie and discover how to let Jesus redeem this struggle as only He can, that He will be glorified, and you will be transformed!


My Take on the Book
This book looks at fear in a completely different way. Being a man, I cannot say that I could completely relate to all aspects of the book itself, but it did open my eyes to some of the fears that one woman had and how these fears are somewhat shared by many others as well. I shared the book with my wife and she said that she felt quite freed from the honesty of the book itself. The book has some close connections with spirituality

The book was quite heavy, but I do have to say that the book itself had some great insights and the honesty was quite refreshing. I can see how this book would be a powerful one for any woman to read and I would have no problem sharing this with my daughters as they get older as well.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: