Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Ripley's Believe it or Not! Strikingly True

Monday, September 12, 2011

Book Review - Ripley's Believe it or Not! Strikingly True

About the Book
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Strikingly True is an all-new collection of the strangest stories from around the globe. An eye-catching red and silver holographic foil cover with lenticular ensures that the book stands out on the shelf.

A mind-boggling array of incredible and bizarre facts, stories, interviews, lists, and features are all presented in a bright new design. Look out for a special section on weird Olympic facts, and some stunning features on tattooed ladies, ancient mummies, and walls of death, among many others. Fascinating interviews with some of the planet’s most extraordinary people explore their motivations, while the popular “Ripley Research” boxes explain the science behind some of the most unbelievable tales in the book.

Strikingly True also includes a dramatic 8-page gatefold pullout that celebrates the sideshow performers who appeared at Ripley’s first ever Odditorium—at the 1933 Chicago World’s Fair. With something strange to entertain and shock every member of the family, Strikingly True is sure to continue the massive success of the expanding Ripley’s book brand.


Click here for a virtual look inside the book.

My Take on the Book
As always this Ripley's offers some great strange but true stories. I have always been impressed and intrigued at all of the strange facts and people that the Ripley's organization finds. This book does another amazing job at sharing these facts with the readers.

I shared this book with my eldest daughter and her mouth just dropped open and I do not think she really thought that the stories were real until I assured her that in fact they were. With this in mind she wanted to go through the stories again to review the stories to experience the shock value of them yet again.

This book was a lot of fun to share and to experience together. I enjoyed this book as much as I have in the past in growing up but I find it so much fun to share this now with my own daughter as my father did with me when I was a child. I can only hope that this series will be around in the future so that my daughters can also share this with their children as well.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: