Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Chronicles from the Analog Age

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Book Review - Chronicles from the Analog Age

About the Book
It's You Are There meets The Twilight Zone with writer/historian Jeff R. Lonto in sort of the Rod Serling role as a time traveling host and narrator. Chronicles from the Analog Age is a time capsule filled with relics from the not-so-distant-but in many ways vastly different-past. The Twentieth Century, or more specifically the 1920s through the 1980s when civilization revolved around analog technology. Chronicles from the Analog Age takes you on this time warp through the decades with illustration and a casual narrative that makes you feel you really are there. It's not a dull history book but more like a magazine that can be picked up and read from any page.




My Take on the BookThis book opened my eyes to so many different points in history and while I was only alive for some of the sections of the book itself. Though this was the case I found so many of the stories to be so informative and eye-opening as there were so many things that I did not know about the past (that I thought that I did). Whether it was learning more about Billy Carter or about some of the television shows form the past that I knew were on but didn't know the back story to. If you are a person who loves history and loves learning unique anecdotes about entertainment and popular figures, this book will take you back and will educate you along the way.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: