Dad of Divas' Reviews: New Strawberry Shortcake DVD’s Continue The Series’ Great Story!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

New Strawberry Shortcake DVD’s Continue The Series’ Great Story!

About the DVD’s
Strawberry Shortcake is back just in time for Spring and is so sweet you will need two helpings! Touching the hearts of children for decades, this wildly successful franchise is back with two more magical tales, Strawberry Shortcake: Berry Brick Road and Strawberry Shortcake: Bloomin’ Berry Garden, blossoming on DVD March 6 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.

First, Strawberry Shortcake: Berry Brick Road follows Strawberry and her friends as they retell the classic “Wonderful Wizard of Oz.” When a cyclone blows Strawberry to the strange land of Oz, she runs into trouble with the Wicked Witch and must journey to the Emerald City to ask the Wizard how to find her way back home.

Next, Strawberry Shortcake: Bloomin’ Berry Garden shows that it’s time for garden growing fun with Strawberry and her friends as they prepare for the Spring Flower Festival! But when magical sparkles make the Berrykins grow tall and the girls shrink down small, they discover that even when they’re tiny, they can make a big difference.

Strawberry Shortcake: Berry Brick Road DVD Special Features

  • Printable Coloring Pages


Strawberry Shortcake: Blooming Berry Garden DVD Special Features

  • Printable Coloring Pages
  • Sunshine Girls Dance Instruction Video


Strawberry Shortcake: Berry Brick Road DVD Special Features
Street Date: March 6, 2012
Pre-book Date: February 9, 2012
Screen Format: Full Screen –1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, Spanish
Total Run Time: 46 Minutes
MPAA Rating: NR
Closed Captioned: Yes

Strawberry Shortcake: Blooming Berry Garden DVD
Street Date: March 6, 2012
Pre-book Date: February 9, 2012
Screen Format: Full Screen – 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, Spanish
Total Run Time: 66 Minutes
MPAA Rating: NR
Closed Captioned: Yes

My Take on the DVD’s
I remember Strawberry Shortcake as a kid in the 1980’s with its cartoon being on in the afternoons after school. Not that I watched much of the series then, but it still brings back memories. Now that I am a father of two girls I have been introduced to this new Strawberry Shortcake series. I have to say that not only is the plot and story in the series strong, but I love the animation too! In both of these DVD’s the shows tackle relevant issues that my daughters encounter on a daily basis which is great for me to see as a father. I love the undertones of the importance of friendship, loyalty, trust and so many others that are shared in the shows and as a parent I have no problem whatsoever letting my girls watch this because I know that they are learning much while they are being entertained!


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: