Dad of Divas' Reviews: Kleen Slate Is a Great Teaching Tool for Any Classroom Setting

Friday, March 23, 2012

Kleen Slate Is a Great Teaching Tool for Any Classroom Setting

About the Product
KleenSlate Concepts offers a line of award-winning dry erase products that are high quality, durable, fun, and easy to use.

KleenSlate features the one-and-only, hand-held Response Paddle– a low-tech, educational tool designed to enhance communication and engage students. Created by former teacher Julia Rhodes, the Response Paddle was originally invented for use in the classroom but soon moved into usage beyond schools. You can find our paddles and markers in a variety of contexts all over the world– in homes, offices, hospitals, and care facilities. They are handy for people traveling or on-the-go, and they make communication easy in small or large groups

My Take on the Product
I have to say that idea of these slates were novel, as I have never taught in an K-12 setting, but now that I have seen my own daughter in the classroom and the fact that my wife was a teacher, I can see how they could be used for so many different reasons and purposes.
What I liked most about these slates was the fact that they could easily be used to check on comprehension through quick check-ins where students have to use the slates in specific ways. I also liked the fact that you have one side that is blank and the other has other possibilities, such as writing lines, music lines or even grid blocks.

The slates are also so easy to use and clean. Kids of any school age can easily use the dry-erase markers and as easy as it is to put things onto the slate, it is also just as easy for cleaning. With the cloth that they provide, the slates are wiped clean without any mess or residue being left behind. No solvents, or chemicals are needed which for me is a great plus! I even tried to do what they state which is that if permanent marker is used on this, all you have to do is write over the permanent mark with the provided dry erase marker, let them dry and it will come right off, and amazingly it works!

I was lucky enough to be able to provide a set of these to my daughters’ first grade class and the teacher was so excited. She thought that there was going to be do many ways in which she could use these with the kids in her class (my daughter being one).

If you are a teacher, or if you know of a teacher, I highly recommend these Kleen Slate to you all. I am sure that you will be as amazed as I in regards to the ease of use and how much information you can gain from the children in the class based on their use of the slates themselves.


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: