Dad of Divas' Reviews: Galactic Taz Ball for Nintendo DS Review

Monday, August 23, 2010

Galactic Taz Ball for Nintendo DS Review

About the GameGalactic Taz Ball comes along at a time when WBIE is making a renewed push to bring back classic “Looney Tunes” characters that we grew up with: Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig and of course, Taz himself. Now with Galactic Taz Ball, today’s kids can experience some of the joys of Looney Tunes that we used to appreciate – and with the most interactive and entertaining Taz yet! himself. 

The plot is wacky and lovable: When Taz gets caught up in an evil plot by Marvin the Martian, he finds himself in a whirlwind journey of exploration, platform challenges, and puzzle-solving.  The game will use the unique abilities afforded by the Nintendo DS’ dual screen display and touchscreen controls, inviting kids to use both the Overworld and Underworld to help Taz reach his goal.  There are other cool features too that we can fill you in; kids are really going to love Galactic Taz Ball, which is available on August 10 - exclusively on Nintendo DS. 


My Take on the Game
I sometimes call my girls Tasmanian devils for the fact that they can be whirling dervishes, but they hold nothing to the infamous Taz and this game allows him to live up to his reputation. 


One of the things that my eldest liked about the game was that she was able to control Taz for the majority of the game entirely with a ball on the touch screen. When I played the game it reminded me of the old Asteroid games (with the trackball that it had as well). If you are fast enough you will be able to get Taz into a tizzy turning into his trademark tornado spin.

I did notice that it took a little while for my daughter to get the hang of the game and I too had to practice a bit prior to being able to be completely  successful with the game itself. 




I liked the plot of the game and it is a game that lasts. You have to work to move forward in the game and it lasts quite a while.

Overall, I would highly recommend this game, my daughter and I had a blast with it and I think you will as well!


If you are trying to find this Nintendo DS game for yourself, you can find it on Amazon!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Terms of Use  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: