Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - People of Walmart.com; Shop and Awe

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Book Review - People of Walmart.com; Shop and Awe

About the Book
From the wildly popular website Peopleofwalmart.com, which has received close to half a billion page views since its inception in August 2009, this collection of Americans in their natural shopping habitat is sure to take the world by storm. Featuring 200 photographs and captions, 70 percent of this book HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN UNTIL NOW, plus fan-submitted stories of their most random experiences, People of Walmart presents people of all shapes and sizes, wearing and doing everything imaginable, all in full view of the fellow shopping public.

And to think... this all started after two brothers and their best friend had an inspirational trip to Walmart!
So welcome to a world where no shoes and no shirt are no obstacles, where parking lots are filled with dead deer, Bengal tigers, and old men in thongs riding bikes. Follow the dominatrix on her quest for Winnie the Pooh Pampers. Peek into the life of the elusive she-mullet. And explore the refrigerated grocery section, where chicken fingers and hairstyles are frozen in time. Once you meet the People of Walmart, you are sure to fall in love...and you might even recognize yourself walking down the aisle, captured in all of your glory.
 
My Take on the Book
Ok, with reality TV I thought I had seen everything...WRONG! This book truly opens your eyes to some of the strange and unique individuals that have been found frequenting Walmart in the past. Some of the images were funny in a perversed kind of way. I don't normally like to laugh at the expense of someone else, but to be honest this books makes it hard (in most cases) not to laugh at what you are seeing.

I have frequented Walmart in the past, and though the images found here did get taken at Walmart, I have never noticed these types of people at Walmart, so maybe my Walmart is immune. At the same time, I have not spent hours of time sitting in watchful anticipation for a person that fits the mold.

If you have visited the popular website Peopleofwalmart.com and have enjoyed what you have seen there you will definitely like this. If you do not like having a laugh at the insane antics and choices of others (in most cases), this book may not be the right book for you.

For me, I did have a laugh about this, but I know that I will not be sharing this with my girls anytime soon .

If this book aounds like something you would like in your own library you can find it on Amazon!
 

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Terms of Use  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: