Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The Heavens Proclaim His Glory: A Spectacular View of Creation Through the Lens of the NASA Hubble Telescope

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Book Review - The Heavens Proclaim His Glory: A Spectacular View of Creation Through the Lens of the NASA Hubble Telescope

About the Book
“I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.” Abraham Lincoln

Our world displays the handiwork of God all around us—in the land and sea, the animals and the plants. But in respect to the sky, the heavens, the universe…there’s a realm of beauty and creation man has not been able to witness, until now. The Heavens Proclaim His Glory is a compilation of stunning photography taken by NASA’s Hubble® Telescope capturing striking images of stars, galaxies, cosmic events, planets, and more. Vivid up-close photographs are paired with a romantic Psalm or quote, as well as a short description of the image. The Heavens will open up a whole new world of worship and praise for our God.
Contributors include: Francis Chan, Mike Huckabee, John MacArthur, Stephen Mansfield, Sarah Young, Max Lucado, Jenna Lucado, Henry & Richard Blackaby, Robert Morgan, Kirk Cameron, Homer Hickam, and more.

My Take on the Book
When I have seen pictures from the Hubble Telescope in the past I have always been amazed at the beauty that is always captured. Whenever I saw these images I always felt that, just like this book, that God had to have a hand in the overall creation of this beauty.

When I was given the opportunity to review this book from Thomas Nelson I was excited to see what the authors had come up with. When I received the book I was amazed to find a list of great authors such as Francis Chan, John MacArthur, Stephen Young, and Max Lucado contributing.

The book lived up to my expectations. The images were breathtaking and the writing that went with them fit so well, I could not of thought of any better words to fit.

I thought that the images alone would keep my attention, but I was surprised that I found that the images and words equally drew me in and engaged me as a reader. This book is a wonderful gift or addition to any home, don't miss out!

Whether you are a Christian or not, you will appreciate the beauty in this book.

If you would like to have this book as a part of your own library you can find it on Amazon!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Terms of Use  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: