Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - How To Speak Baseball

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Book Review - How To Speak Baseball

How To Speak Baseball
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
This handsome guide to the language of baseball decodes the amusing, clever phrases that pepper commentary about the sport. Packed with witty explanations of everything from "duster" and "rubber arm" to "up the elevator," this ballpark lexicon plays on a nostalgic love for the national pastime while covering ground from baseball's beginnings to today. This humorous mix of definitions and anecdotes is the perfect gift for both lifelong baseball fans and rookies working up the ranks.



My Take on the Book
With baseball season almost upon us, this was the perfect book to get be back into good form as we get ready for another year. I have been a baseball fan for many years and feel that I am pretty fluent in the lingo, but this book allowed me to see that in fact I did not know everything, and instead, I still had some to learn. So whether you are a new or old baseball fan, this book will definitely teach you new things or dust off the knowledge that you may have forgotten along the way. This is a great book for any baseball fan!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: