About the Product
Boxed Set Filled with a DVD and 2 books (May I Kiss You? and Voices of Courage). This package puts together humor with common sense to make you and your teenagers want to talk about dating in a mature manor without being corny! You will discover how to tackle each aspect of teenage dating -- from meeting their date to talking about engaging in sexual intimacy to handling every parent's worst nightmare, a sexual assault.
In HELP! My Teen Is Dating: Real Solutions to Tough Conversations, you discover the following skills for better preparing your sons and daughters for healthy dating:
- How to start the talk and get your teen to listen.
- Three questions that define if your teen should be dating.
- What to say to your teen’s date.
- The exact words for addressing intimacy.
- How to establish clear & reasonable boundaries.
- The power in Asking First.
- Discussing the dangers: from Alcohol to Sexual Assault.
- How to truly “Be There” for your child.
- Necessary tools to help your teenager make good choices.
- Essential tips to fun and safer dating for your son or daughter.
My Take on the Product
This was a great set that will aid any parent in facilitating conversations that may not be easy but are so important. I found that the DVD and books go very well together and provide parents and teens with a springboard for conversations. Whether you sit down together and watch together or if you as parents watch first and the start conversations (or some other rendition), the information shared is invaluable. Also though the information shared through all of the resources tackles some difficult topics they do this with respect and tact and take the reader/viewer one step at a time through each stage of the process. I could easily see this being used as a group at a church or at school itself, as the DVD for sure lends itself to that as well.
I still have some time until I have to deal with this as my children are still young, but some of the topic s covered are applicable to younger children as well, especially in the sections on self-esteem. I am glad that I was able to review this and I know for myself my wife and I will be revisiting this again in the years to come!
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org