Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - What's Your Mark

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Book Review - What's Your Mark

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.


What's Your Mark


About the Book
Who was Jesus? What was his story? What mark did he leave? What's your story? What will be your mark? Join celebrity photographer and social artist Jeremy Cowart as he presents 16 compelling stories of people who are making their mark today. Their stories are just a sampling of the stories that all followers of Jesus can tell - stories from those in all walks of life whose inspiration is rooted in the truths found in the Gospel of Mark. And you’ll be inspired to make your mark---whether through your occupation, your talents or your selfless love and giving to others. Your mark may be teaching children at a school or at home, helping the homeless, or providing food to the hungry. Your mark might be an accidental mark, a reluctant mark, or an intentional mark. Whatever your mark, you’ll be inspired by the stories inside this new book, What’s Your Mark? Become a mark-maker today, and make every moment of your life count.

This book includes:

  • 112 full-color pages of Scripture, stories, and photography by renowned photographer Jeremy Cowart
  • 16 photos and stories of people---some names you’ll recognize, others not so well known---making their mark
  • Scripture text of the Gospel of Mark from the bestselling New International Version (NIV) Bible


My Take on the Book
I always find myself inspired by reading the stories of others who have made a difference in the world in their own large or small ways and this book examines the stories of a number of people who have done just that. Within this book you are introduced to a number of amazing people who are making a difference daily with God acting as their guide. As I mentioned, I truly felt inspired by what I read, and the book was short enough that I read through this from start to finish. By the end I was saying to myself that I could not wait to re-read a number of the passages and then share the book with others. The nice thing about this book is that through reading this you too will be inspired to find ways in which you can use your own spiritual gifts to be able to make your own mark on the world.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: