Dad of Divas' Reviews: Blu-ray Review - Phantom

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Blu-ray Review - Phantom

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.


Phantom



About the Movie
In Phantom you are at the height of the cold war, the world holds its breath when a Soviet submarine armed with nuclear missiles goes missing in the Pacific. On board the vessel, the battle-tested captain (Harris) and a rogue KGB agent (Duchovny) are waging a life-and-death game of cat and mouse. With enemy forces closing in and time running out, the captain fights to keep control with nuclear armageddon hanging in the balance. Starring four-time Academy Award® nominee Ed Harris, Golden Globe® winner David Duchovny (TV’s “The X-Files”), and William Fichtner (Armageddon).

Blu-ray & DVD Special Features:
● Facing the Apocalypse
● The Real Phantom
● Jeff Rona: Scoring the Phantom
● “An Ocean Away” Music Video
● Audio Commentary

My Take on the Movie
This was an action packed movie that brought me back to The Hunt for Red October. With the actual events running in my mind, I could not help placing myself in the shoes of some of the characters in the movie and realize some of the huge tensions of the time and how close we could have came to war with Russia/USSR at the time. 

The movie was well done and the acting of Ed Harris and David Duchovny superb as usual. I was kept at the edge of my seat from beginning to end and though some of the plot could be predicted, it still was a fun movie and definitely worth the watch!



----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: