Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - My Life in Smiley: It's All Good

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Book Review - My Life in Smiley: It's All Good

My Life in Smiley: It's All Good



About the Book
Follow the middle school misadventures of Max, as recorded in his hilarious Diary of a Wimpy Kid–style journal that is unconventionally illustrated with the internationally recognized emoticons of the SmileyWorld brand.

WARNING - Do not read until 2026

My Life in Smiley: It's All Good is meant strictly for people of the future, chronicling the life and times of Max, an average eleven-year-old. Annoying siblings, stage fright, love at first sight—can you believe what kids in the 21st century had to deal with? Follow his illustrated diary as has embarks on a great journey—the first year of middle school in France. Max’s journal entries, humorous drawings, and colorful smileys recount his adventures in making new friends, dealing with bullies, and surviving a ruthless P.E. teacher. Along the way, Max starts to figure out how to interact with his peers, and he realizes that at the end of the day, no matter what life throws at him, it’s all good!




My Take on the Book
For anyone that enjoys a Diary of a Wimpy Kid, you will find this book to be an equally fun book. This book is in a diary format and both the characters and the plot itself was so much fun. The book
is one that my daughter and I loved to read together. The book has some humor, just not as much as I would have first expected. It does have great characters and more and was a very quick read. You get to see Max having to deal with his arch nemesis and live a life that I know my daughter could relate to. The book also has great illustrations throughout the book and of course emojis.  We are looking forward to a future book 2!

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: