Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - FERPA: Clear and Simple

Friday, March 7, 2014

Book Review - FERPA: Clear and Simple

FERPA: Clear and Simple
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) compliance has always been challenging due to complex regulatory language and exposure to risk. However, institutions that do not comply are in jeopardy of losing federal funding. Accessible and user-friendly, FERPA Clear and Simple clarifies the regulations and provides a ready reference for compliance and problem solving. This need-to-have guide offers critical and relevant material (including the 2008 Amendments) from a new perspective to help staff in student affairs, academic departments, and administrative support positions understand and comply with FERPA guidelines.


My Take on the Book
As a college administrator this is an amazing book that walks you through every aspect of understanding the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). As someone that deals with students daily, I need to be able to maneuver around this act too and sometimes it is a bit unclear. This book completely cleared up so many points that I was a bit hazy on. The book is an amazing resource that I know that I can come back to whenever I need to to better understand what I need to know for the situation that I am dealing with at the point.

The authors of this book have provided clear explanations and examples that you can easily put to work at your own institution. I know for me I have already shared this with my colleagues at my university and I know that I will be keeping this in my own professional library for the foreseeable future!





----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: