Dad of Divas' Reviews: CD Review - Francesca Battistelli's Christmas

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

CD Review - Francesca Battistelli's Christmas

About the CD
Since her debut in 2008, Francesca Battistelli has earned a Grammy nomination (Best Gospel Performance), six Dove Awards including 2011 “Artist of the Year” and 19 Dove Award nominations. Both her debut album, My Paper Heart, and her 2011 sophomore release, Hundred More Years, reached the No. 1 spot on Billboard’s Christian Album chart. With over 700,000 in album sales to date, she is the best-selling new artist in the genre in the past eight years. Her music has also been featured on TLC's Jon & Kate Plus 8, ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, NBC’s The Biggest Loser, Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance, and several other television and movie outlets.

Christmas
1. “The Christmas Song”
2. “Heaven Everywhere”
3. “Christmas Is”
4. “What Child Is This? (First Noel Prelude)”
5. “Marshmallow World”
6. “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel”
7. “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”
8. “You’re Here”
9. “Joy To The World”
10. “Christmas Dreams”
11. “Go Tell It On The Mountain”

My Take on the CD
I have been a big fan of Francesca Battistelli for some time but I have not heard her sing Christmas Music before. Her smooth voice makes me smile and through this CD I felt the same. What I loved about the album was that there was great mix of old favorites, but also, some amazing new Christmas songs that were catchy and made me and my family all sit wrapped in the Christmas spirit that this artist provides her listeners. I was very pleased with the CD and know that if you are already her fan you will love it, and if this is your first time, hang on, as you will definitely be coming back!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: