Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - A Bad Day For Voodoo

Friday, November 30, 2012

Book Review - A Bad Day For Voodoo

About the Book
When your best friend is just a tiny bit psychotic, you should never actually believe him when he says, "Trust me. This is gonna be awesome."

Of course, you probably wouldn't believe a voodoo doll could work either. Or that it could cause someone's leg to blow clean off with one quick prick. But I've seen it. It can happen.

And when there's suddenly a doll of YOU floating around out there—a doll that could be snatched by a Rottweiler and torn to shreds, or a gang of thugs ready to torch it, or any random family of cannibals (really, do you need the danger here spelled out for you?)—well, you know that's just gonna be a really bad day ...

My Take on the Book
I have never read any of this author's books in the past but I have been a fan of YA novels in the past so I was interested to see what this had in store when I read the overall description of the book itself. IN reading this I have to say that I was not disappointed. The book is one of those books that you cannot put down and you will find that even the smallest nuances are ones that you will want to explore further (or at least I did). Whether you know much abut Voodoo or not, this book will open your eyes and make you a bit squeamish in parts while laughing in others. The book provides a good balance between the two and with the strong characters and plot you too will be drawn in quickly to the story itself - wanting to find out what ultimately happens in the end. A great story that all will enjoy!


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: