Dad of Divas' Reviews: Game Review - Elmo's Musical Monsterpiece

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Game Review - Elmo's Musical Monsterpiece

About the Game 
Elmo's Musical Monsterpiece is a new game for the Nintendo Wii and DS that kids will be able to rock out with their favorite Sesame Street characters, engaging in activities that promote musical creativity and dancing. The game also manages to throw in a few activities designed to foster development of math skills through connections between math and music. The in-game music comes from eclectic Los Angeles band Ozomatli, who use a wide range of styles in their music - ideal for kids who need a lot of variety. Ozomatli is also no stranger to lending their work to the video game world, with songs featured in many prominent sports games, so their work should feel natural on these new Nintendo Wii and DS games. The game is simple enough for toddlers to play without too much help, but there is plenty of room for parents to get involved and get in some playtime with their kids.

My Take on the Games
I was lucky enough to try out both versions of this game for WII and Nintendo DS and I have to say that both were engaging, fun games that really encourage kids to get up and dance, but even better (in my humble opinion) was the music that the children could make while playing the game. My daughter loved playing the game and seeing what she could create music wise (as she already loved to sing). The games remind me some of the Ready, Set, Grover! game that came out a while back, as it gets the kids playing to jump and move to accomplish tasks and to be able to take control of the characters. As I mentioned, my daughter just loved the games and I now know that this will be a great addition to our family game collection for the foreseeable future!




All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: