Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Transformers - The Japanese Collection

Friday, July 1, 2011

DVD Review - Transformers - The Japanese Collection





This summer, loyal fans and collectors can finally bring home a new installment of the ongoing animated saga of TRANSFORMERS as FORTRESS MAXIMUS, SCORPONOK and rest of the Headmasters make their U.S. home entertainment debut in TRANSFORMERS: THE JAPANESE COLLECTION – HEADMASTERS DVD set from Shout! Factory, in collaboration with Hasbro, Inc.

THE TRANSFORMERS – HEADMASTERS is the first part of the rare Japanese trilogy that followed the popular “Generation 1” animated series. Available for the first time in North America, this collectible 4-DVD set features the complete action-packed episodes from theHeadmasters series and contains the original Japanese language tracks along with updated English subtitles, a rare art gallery and more! Poised to attract an audience of pop culture enthusiasts, kids and parents who grew up with the American animated series,TRANSFORMERSTHE JAPANESE COLLECTION – HEADMASTERS is priced to own with a suggested retail price of $29.93.

Synopsis:
OPTIMUS PRIME lives again, the energy of the Matrix has been released and peace reigns on CYBERTRON . . . but all that is about to change with the startling arrival of the newest breed of TRANSFORMERS warriors — the Headmasters! Bonus Features Include:
  • Original Japanese Audio
  • English Subtitles
  • Art Gallery
Technical Information
Street Date: July 5, 2011
Not Rated: For All Audiences
Suggested Retail Price: $29.93
4-DVD
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Japanese, English, stereo


My Take on the DVD
I have been a transformers far since I was a kid and I was excited to see that they were finally bringing to DVD some of the cartoons that I remembered (though I was surprised to find that it had not been released in the past). I had seen some of these videos on youtube in the past but they did not do the shows justice, this DVD on the other hand was a whole other thing.

I have to say that I really enjoyed the storyline of this DVD. The plot is strong, the artwork is superb and you are definitely left wanting more in the end.

All in all I enjoyed this DVD immensely and can't wait for the rest of the series to be released in the future. If you are a transformers fan, you will love this DVD!



All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader 
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: