Dad of Divas' Reviews: An Unconventional Gift - DYMO LabelManager 420P Label Maker

Saturday, June 25, 2011

An Unconventional Gift - DYMO LabelManager 420P Label Maker

About the Product
Portable and durable, the DYMO LabelManager 420P label maker is easy to use and extends productivity for those heavy users who need vast quantities of labels for massive filing, archiving, warehousing and asset management functions.
Other features of the LabelManager 420P label maker include:
  • PC* and Mac®** compatibility - to print barcodes, logos, batch labels from data files, and much more
  • Large, four line graphic display with back lighting for improved visibility
  • View text effects, on screen, before printing – to minimize mistakes
  • Rechargeable battery – no more disposable battery expense and inconvenience
  • Uses DYMO D1 labels in 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2” and 3/4” widths, for maximum flexibility


Printing labels is fast and easy with the award-winning DYMO LabelManager PnP label maker. With no software to install, the label maker plugs right into a PC or Mac® to create professional looking, customized labels using the fonts and graphics on the computer. Lightweight and compact, DYMO LabelManager PnP label maker is ideal for labeling at the desk. 

Other features of the LabelManager PnP include:
  • No software to install
  • PC* and Mac®*** compatibility
  • Customize your label with any fonts or graphics on your computer
  • No power adapter or AA batteries needed – conveniently charges via USB
  • Uses DYMO D1 labels in 1/4”, 3/8” and 1/2” widths, for maximum flexibility 
  • Recipient of iF Product Design, red dot design and PC Magazine Editor’s Choice awards

*Windows® 7, Windows® Vista, Windows® XP
** Mac® OS 10.4 or later
*** Mac® OS 10.5.8 or later

The DYMO LabelManager 420P label maker is available for USD $109.99 and the DYMO LabelManager PnP label maker is available for USD $59.99 in catalogs and online.  For more information about each, visit www.dymo.com.

My Take on the Product
My wife was looking for something that would allow her to continue to organize our family's life and when I heard about this and was asked to review this I thought what could be better! In trying out this portable label maker I found that it was very easy to set up and use and that most of all, it was not as heavy as some of the ones that I have held in the past. 

I had never heard of "Dymo" before, but in looking online I found that many others have had very positive experiences with the company and their products so I have to say that I now have also joined their ranks. 
As I mentioned the product itself is quite easy to set up and to use. The only con (or at least the largest one in my eyes) was the keyboard on the product itself. It is not a full QWERTY keyboard and thus if you use this type of keyboard on a daily basis, you just have to retrain yourself for the way in which this is set up (it is not hard).

All-in-all this was a great product and my wife has already started to make strides towards further organization within our home! I can see that I am on my way towards a wild ride!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader 
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: