Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review -The Principle of the Path

Friday, March 4, 2011

Book Review -The Principle of the Path

About the Book
Your Direction, not Your Intention, Determines Your Destination. There is often a tension between where we want to end up in life and the path we choose to get there. We fail to see that having good intentions is never good enough. Like Charlie Brown, we wrongly believe there’s something to be said for trying hard. We need to understand why, in spite of our good intentions, we may have ended up at the wrong destination with our finances, our marriages, our careers, or a host of other dreams. So how do we get from where we are to where we truly want to be? The Principle of the Path is a road map to proper direction and discipline.

My Take on the Book
This book takes a very personal approach to helping you figure out how to make a plan to start changing your life for the better. Andy takes a step-by-step approach to provide the reader a book that is easy to understand and filled with humorous stories and a conversational style that makes you want to continue reading. I know that I found myself plowing through this book, as I didn't want to put the book down. I also found myself re-reading sections to completely understand the intent as it was hard-hitting, and it did make you assess yourself.

The book was not what I expected, it was better. Knowing that the author was a pastor, I expected more sermonizing, but I did not receive it. His style was much more personal, to the extent that you think of yourself as having a conversation with the author himself, and his words surround you and make you want to ask more.

The book's intent was subtle, but this book did portray and share a message that must be shared with all!

I highly recommend The Principle of the Path. The book has a very valuable message that should be shared with all!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: