Dad of Divas' Reviews: National Geographic Kids Books Encourage the Mind!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

National Geographic Kids Books Encourage the Mind!

I was recently asked to review some of the new books coming out from National Geographic Kids this year and to say it bluntly I was impressed. I have been a fan of National Geographic since I was a kid. I loved reading about far off places and would imagine myself being able to visit the exotic destinations that I was reading about. Now, with National Geographic Kids, my own girls will be able to be transported to Africa, or back in time to the Civil War, or even further back to the time of the Dinosaurs.

The books that I was able to read were full of great information and when I sat down and read the books with my daughters their attention was completely focused on the material that was presented. Also, the books were fully illustrated with beautiful photos, as well as illustrations that drew my and my daughter's eyes.


I was impressed, while exploring the bookstore online, at the number of books that National Geographic has for children. One title (that I did not receive as a reviewer) that I was drawn to was about the US Presidents. I am currently working on reading the biographies of our Presidents, and loved the fact that National Geographic had also put out a book detailing (in general) some information about each of our Presidents, up to our current President today.

Not only does National Geographic kids provide great books for children to read, they also have a wonderful magazine and online site to encourage all forms of learners. With games, videos, stories, activities and more, no child entering this site will be bored. There is something for everyone!


As mentioned, there is something for everyone from National Geographic Kids. I would recommend that you check out their online world as well as their bookstore for yourself to see what you and your kids can learn about the world around them!


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Terms of Use  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: