Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Chase to the Brazen Head: The China Exploration Club

Friday, July 9, 2010

Book Review - Chase to the Brazen Head: The China Exploration Club

About the BookSemi-historical adventure Young Adult novel set in China. The past collides with the present when a theft occurs at the Shanghai International School. Three school friends exploring an abandoned chapel discover the key to the Stronghold of the White Emperor has been stolen. They then recreate a 1941 expedition to the Stronghold, to try to prevent the thief from stealing the bronze Brazen Head, which can predict the future. Facing many dangers, they must outwit the best of the White Emperor's court to get to the prize in time.

My Take on the Book This was an exciting read. There’s a secret society, mysterious characters from the past, wild boat rides, giant fighting crickets and an archery exam – where the price of failure is death. While I have never really read this type of book in the past, I found this book to be an interesting and fun read as well as full of interesting facts and illusions to China and Chinese history. I will give this book a five out of five for high energy reading and will definitely recommend it to my family and friends.


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Terms of Use  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: