Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Wrinkles

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

DVD Review - Wrinkles


 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the DVD
Wrinkles is a 2011 Spanish animated drama film directed by Ignacio Ferreras, based on the comic book with the same title by Paco Roca. The story is set in a retirement home and revolves around the friendship between two elderly men, one of them in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease.


My Take on the DVD
I am a fan of animation of all sorts and seeing this for the first time, I have to say that I am a fan. This was a fun story that really drew me in and kept me engaged from beginning to end. I love the writing in the story itself and see that the writers really wanted you to grapple with all aspects of the film and what it was trying to say. This is to say that you experience the humor of the situation, while understanding the reality and the horror of disease that is prevalent in some of the residents of the home. You come to love the characters, or at least I did, and you do not want ill things happening to them, although you know that this is ultimately the reality of what will happen for most. I appreciated the message that was being shared as it is not always something that is shared, but all of us have to deal with this and understand the reality. The movie is not dark or heavy, but instead light and fun and in the end you truly do come to love the characters and what they represent for all of us.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: