Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - I Survived #10: I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, AD 79

Monday, July 21, 2014

Book Review - I Survived #10: I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, AD 79

I Survived #10: I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, AD 79
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
During the infamous eruption of Mount Vesuvius, one boy struggles to escape. Can he survive the most devastating disaster of ancient times?

In this thrilling addition to the bestselling I SURVIVED series, readers are taken back to antiquity with a young boy trying to escape as the giant Mount Vesuvius erupts. Does he have what it takes to survive the epic destruction of Pompeii?


My Take on the Book
This book is one in a series of "I Survived . . " books on various topics. There are nine books in all.

The story's main characters are Marcus and Tata. They were slaves during the volcanic explosion of Mount Vesuvius. The story is historic fiction based on facts.

I felt the story was written well. The conversations between the characters were interesting and the author 's text was rich in details about the people, events, life, and challenges of the time period.

The chapter book's reading level is fourth grade. The book would appeal to second through fourth grade children.

The author includes some historical facts about Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius at the end of the book. She also lists other books to read on the same topic.



----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: