Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Toy Academy: Some Assembly Required

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Book Review - Toy Academy: Some Assembly Required


Toy Academy: Some Assembly Required



About the Book
Playing is serious business.

Welcome to Toy Academy: where toys learn to play. This is where action figures train to battle, stuffed animals study the art of the hug, and collectibles practice standing very, very still.

Though Grumbolt isn't really any of those things, he's determined to fit in. But when the Evil Toy Academy threatens to bring down his school, it's up to Grumbolt to go where no good toy has gone before and prove he's truly a great toy after all.

This laugh-out-loud chapter book by Brian Lynch, the writer of Minions and a writer of The Secret Life of Pets, is a classic in the making.




My Take on the Book

This was such a fun book. My daughter read this with me and we had a blast reading it together. As a father I loved the these surrounding the idea of finding where you belong. The images throughout the book were engaging and draw the reader further into the story. My daughter flew through this book and even as an adult I found this to be greatly enjoyable. The book has a great balance of adventure and humor and it is geared toward kids that are in at least third grade.


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: