Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - When I Grow Up I Want To Be...a Veterinarian!

Monday, December 29, 2014

Book Review - When I Grow Up I Want To Be...a Veterinarian!

When I Grow Up I Want To Be...a Veterinarian!
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
Sofia wants to care for all the animals in the world. But Mom does not think Sofia is ready for the responsibility of even one pet. Ready or not, when a hungry and sick-looking cat appears at the family’s back doorstep, Sofia takes action. When Sofia is found feeding the cat, Mom gives in and agrees that a trip to the vet will tell them if the cat is healthy and not someone’s lost pet. As the veterinarian introduces Sofia and readers to the important and wide-ranging work of animal doctors, Sofia learns how she might help all kinds of animals, including a little stray cat!


My Take on the Book
My daughter continues to say that when she grows up she will want to be be a Veterinarian or a Librarian or even a Veterinarian Librarian. While I cannot tell how she could do both of those together unless she was a librarian and a veterinarian working at a vet school, I was still excited to read this with her. The book really lets you see the special things that Veterinarians do and allows any future veterinarian to get a better glimpse into what the career field entails through a story and characters that my daughter loved getting to know and read about. The character of Sofia was believable and down-to-earth and her story was realistic too. I liked that the book gave some history as well as practical information about the career and about being a good pet owner too. This book was a great book that all kids who love animals will enjoy as it is never too young to start learning about career possibilities and to open their eyes to the world around them, and this book does just that!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: