Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Book Review - I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871

I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
In a national contest, readers voted and decided that the next I SURVIVED topic will be the Great Chicago Fire, 1871!

In the next book of the I SURVIVED series, one boy will struggle to stay alive as the great city of Chicago burns.



My Take on the Book
Lauren Tarshis has written an exciting dramatic story about the Chicago Fire. This book will appeal to second through fourth graders . The independent reading level is fourth grade.

Lauren uses the researched facts to recreate actual events. She makes the story interesting through the characters and their personal stories. Her descriptions are full of details and you can imagine the sights, smells, and feel the fear of those who were involved in the fire.

I had a difficult time putting this book down as i read it.

An additional part of the book is the historical information at the end. You will learn it was not a cow that actually started the fire.

I know you and your child will enjoy reading this story.



----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: