Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - When I Grow Up: Abraham Lincoln

Friday, December 5, 2014

Book Review - When I Grow Up: Abraham Lincoln

When I Grow Up: Abraham Lincoln
 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
Meet one of America's favorite presidents!

Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States. He led the country through the Civil War, helped end slavery, and wore a stovepipe hat. But there's a lot more to learn about Honest Abe! Learn all about Lincoln's life in this new biography.

The WHEN I GROW UP easy readers are the perfect introductory biography series. Each book takes the reader on a journey from a recognizable figure's obscure childhood to famed adulthood. Aspirational first-person text is accompanied by a mix of photography and illustrations. This fun take on the early biography is ideal for home or the classroom and will inspire children to live out their dreams.

My Take on the Book
This was a great book that really allowed you to better know this President. While as an adult I know that I am more informed about Abraham Lincoln and his life, kids may not be as info-savvy. That being said this was a great book that really explored his life and accomplishments in a way that any younger reader could understand. It was well written and had a ton of great information included!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: