Dad of Divas' Reviews: Wanted: Rapunzel & Flynn Rider!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Wanted: Rapunzel & Flynn Rider!

Wanted: Flynn Rider
 


Wanted: Rapunzel


An embeddable slideshow featuring the concept sketches and drawings for Mother Gothel!



An embeddable slideshows featuring still images of Rapunzel & Flynn, Disney's newest royal couple.




An embeddable slideshow featuring still images of lovable sidekicks Maximus & Pascal.




AN INTERVIEW WITH MANDY MOORE FOR TANGLED

Hi Mandy! What’s your new movie about?
Tangled is the story of Rapunzel – and I play the lead character! She’s a bohemian Disney princess who goes off on a crazy adventure.

Sounds fun! Tell us more…
Rapunzel is very curious about the world outside her window because she’s been hidden away in a secret tower ever since she was a little baby. She is a young woman about to turn 18 years old, but she’s never stepped outside.

Did you want to be a princess when you were younger?
I did! I think it’s every young girl’s dream to be a Disney princess. I didn’t necessarily want to be the princess with a big dress and a wand, but I definitely wanted a nice tiara like The Little Mermaid. I really wanted to be the mermaid princess.

How similar are you to Rapunzel?
I’d like to think that I’m pretty similar to Rapunzel. I think she’s got a great sense of adventure and she likes to see the good in people. She’s also very curious about the world. I can definitely relate to her in all these ways.

Rapunzel can look after herself in the movie…
Well, I don’t know if I’m as brave as Rapunzel – but I’m really into martial arts. I’m not a martial arts expert or anything, but I’m a huge fan. It’s funny you mention that because Rapunzel is pretty handy with a frying pan in the movie, so she can clearly take care of herself.

Can you take care of yourself?
No, but I wish I could. That’s why I think I’m so interested in martial arts. I’m curious to see if I can pick up any tricks along the way.

How does it feel to be the newest Disney princess?
It feels very cool. I especially like the idea that this movie will live forever. One day, I’ll be able to show my own family, “Look what I got to be a part of.” It’s the ultimate childhood dream.

What are your most princess-like qualities?
My most princess-like qualities? Generally, I think I’m a pretty nice person. I like to think I’m kind hearted and understanding. That’s very princess-like, isn’t it?

Were you excited to see all of the Rapunzel toys in stores?
It was really exciting! I was really curious to see all of the different toys and accessories that would come along with the movie. I wanted to see all of the Rapunzel tower toys and the cool Halloween costumes. I’ve been blown away by it all.

What’s your favorite song in the film?
My favorite song is the duet I get to sing with Zachary Levi (who voices Flynn). We got to record the song together, which was a lot of fun. I was blown away by Zach’s voice because I had no idea he could sing. I remember thinking, ‘Wow, this is going to be amazing.’

What were your favorite cartoon movies when you were growing up?
I loved Fantasia because it was mesmerizing and beautiful. However, my favorites were probably The Little Mermaid and Aladdin. I love the classics. They are great movies!

Did you always want to be an actress when you were younger?
I think I wanted to be an actor and a singer ever since I was six years old, so I was in lots of school plays and things like that. I appeared in plays like The Christmas Carol, Gypsy and Bye Bye Birdie – but I didn’t always get the lead role.

Did that bother you?
No, it didn’t bother me. I was just excited to be included, especially because I was doing the plays with a lot of my friends. All I wanted was to be around my friends and to be in good company.

What advice would you give to youngsters who want to take up a career in acting?
If you want to become an actor, you have to understand that a lot of disappointment comes along with this job – but you can’t take it personally. Even to this day, I still get disappointed when I audition for something and I really want it, but it doesn’t end up going my way.

What’s the best way to handle rejection?
You just have to learn something positive from the experience. You have to think to yourself, ‘What can I do differently next time?’ Or maybe you weren’t doing anything wrong, but it just wasn’t the right opportunity. There’s always a next time!

Is it important not to take rejection personally?
It is very important! You have to find a way to not take it personally and not let it deter you from doing the thing that you love.

What were you like at school?
I was very quiet and very shy. I wasn’t popular, but I wasn’t unpopular; I was right in the middle. I didn’t have a ton of friends and I wasn’t super outgoing. I just kept to myself.



Did you enjoy school?
I really liked school in the nerdy sense of enjoying it! I liked all of my classes, apart from Math.

If you could go back in time and offer yourself some advice at school, what would you say?
I would say to myself, “Be a little bit more confident. Stand with your shoulders back and enjoy your entire school experience – and enjoy the people around you.”

Is it all right if you’re not in the popular crowd at school?
Of course it’s all right. I was never the popular girl at school, but it’s not a popularity contest. As long as you’re happy and you’re content in who you are and the world around you, then that’s cool and that’s all you need.

What advice would you give to people who feel like they haven’t got many friends?
I think that’s something I’m still learning myself because I’m still very shy. The only thing I can say is, “Be yourself.” You shouldn’t have to change for anyone to be their friends. Just continue to be yourself, no matter what.

TANGLED is Available on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD & Movie Download March 29th!



All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: