Dad of Divas' Reviews: Tangled Art, Female Artist & Coupon

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tangled Art, Female Artist & Coupon

In anticipation of next week's release of TANGLED on Blu-ray & DVD, we present you with quotes & quips from the Conceptual Artist responsible for the enchanted images on Rapunzel's walls, Claire Keane (daughter of famed Animation Supervisor Glen Keane), a time-lapse video clip featuring Claire's painting of a Tangled-themed mural in the Disney offices, and a discount offer for purchase of a Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack!

Locked away from everything by her overbearing Mother Gothel, Rapunzel's tower walls became her world – a canvas where she could create whatever she wanted!


Talented Conceptual Artist, Claire Keane, offers:

"Rapunzel's walls are really a reflection of what she could see from her window as well as what she was thinking about. There was a definite plan with specific choices made in choosing the colors of Rapunzel's walls. It was important to create how Rapunzel would create, not how I would create, so I had to try a variety of different things that would express her world."

"I've always been inspired by other artists whose works stands out to me for different reasons. Marc Chagall inspires me for his use of color, the great illustrator Charlie Harper inspires me for how to organize objects, and my Dad (Legendary Disney artist, Glen Keane) who always pushes me to really think about what I am creating and why."

"Ideas can come from real life – learn to see the beauty in the tiniest things. Rapunzel's life changed within a single day and what happens to us on a daily basis is important and is part of what shapes us overall."






All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: