Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Bluff

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Book Review - Bluff

About the Book
Lark Chadwick is back! From the small town environs of Wisconsin to the ancient cities and mountains of Peru, the intrepid reporter for The Pine Bluff Standard is freshly embroiled in another tale of intrigue-the mysterious death of the daughter of her boss -where Lark shockingly becomes a target. "Lark is like an old friend. I'm glad she's back and as fierce as ever. Bluff is a good, fast read...I can't wait until the next adventure." Carol Costello, Anchor/Correspondent, CNN's "American Morning" "Lark reminds me of me in the early days of my career.... DeDakis can so accurately write from a woman's point of view - with all the intrinsic curiosity, emotion and passion - [that it's] nothing short of astounding." Diane Dimond, Author and Investigative Journalist 
 

As part of his research for BLUFF, DeDakis spent four days hiking the Inca Trail in Peru.

My Take on the Book
I had just finished the first book, Fast Track when I had the opportunity to read the second book in the series Bluff. Once again, the author has done an amazing job at developing a suspense-filled plot that will keep you in the edge of your seat from the first to last page.

One of the things that I really like about these books is that first they are set in Wisconsin, where I lived for three years, and I have been to Madison a number of times, thus I can relate to the character, but beyond this the author is a skilled writer that not only builds characters that are both compelling and believable but also plots that are strewn with twists and turns that keep you guessing. I don't know how many more adventures this character has, but I am looking forward to following them as they come out!

I'm looking forward to Lark's future adventures.


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: