Dad of Divas' Reviews: Product Review - Acculab Vicon Digital Scales

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Product Review - Acculab Vicon Digital Scales

About the Product
The new Acculab VICON series digital balances are the ideal scales for Industrial, Laboratories, Research, Educational, Postal, Specialty and more. Whether weighing multiple samples with totaled results, formulating a color, counting, percent weighing, specific gravity, or under pan weighing, Acculab has the answer in VICON. The new Vicon digital balances feature a flip-down protective cover, stainless steel pan and back-lit display.
  • 15 models (enhanced by four milligram units)
  • Protective flip-down and removable plastic cover for shipping protection and allows stackable storage
  • Integrated external calibration weights on models 710 gram capacity and below
  • Unique durable design for all applications
  • Applications include: Counting, Percent Weighing, Totaling, Display Hold, Specific Gravity, Mass unit conversion
  • 14 Mass unit conversions (g, oz, lbs, lbs:oz, dwt, ozt, grains, Newton , carats, Taels HK/Taiwan/Singapore/China, user defined)
  • Optional RS-232 or USB interface kit (field installable)
  • Parts counting with selectable reference sample
  • 9 volt Battery operation (or included AC adapter) (excluding milligram models)
  • External “one button” calibration with 3 weight options
  • Lock down capability
  • Two year manufacturer warranty
My Take on the Scale
I was given the chance to try out this scale, and was amazed at how accurate it was. My daughters and I decided to try weighing so many things from food, to larger items like marbles. We were careful with it though as we didn't want to mess with the calibration of the special instruments. The scale itself was very easy to use. The instructions were clear and even me, a non-scientific guy could figure it out without much problem.

To be honest, I could see this being the science teacher's dream instrument, and I wish that I could simply give the scale to a local science teach that I know as I know that he would just love it!

If you are looking for an extra-accurate scale, then I would highly recommend that you check this scale out, you will not be disappointed!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: