"How to be healthy and smart from the inside out" is what the interactive, engaging and ever-popular OrganWise Guys optimized website is all about. After sharing its effective and motivating message to tens of thousands of students in more than 5,000 schools across 20 states, the award winning OrganWise Guys (OWG) curriculum is now available to parents, children and educators through its digital community with a new interactive website focused on fun, nutrition and exercise.
The new www.organwiseguys.com boasts innovative content and activities that encourage eating well and being physically active. Engaging characters who personify the major organs of the body: Hardy Heart, Peri Stolic (the large intestine), Sir Rebrum (the brain), Madame Muscle and others, are at the center of everything OrganWise.
The OrganWise Guys' sole purpose is to empower children (and their families) as young as three years old up through their elementary school years on how to be "healthy and smart from the inside out." "Everything we do, from our new interactive website to our school curriculum to our products, is designed to create healthy habits and shape a life long journey of good health, good nutrition and good living," said Dr. Michelle Lombardo, founder of The OrganWise Guys.
Today, one third of children in America are considered obese or overweight.The prevalence of obesity among children age six to 11 years increased from 6.5 percent in 1980 to 19.6 percent in 2008.
Features of www.organwiseguys.com include a new Kids Clubhouse, Adult Blog and Media Center, and has updated sections that include Teacher Tools, Shop Our Products on-line store, and About Us.
* The New "Kids Clubhouse" page is brimming with fun and interactivity that will keep visitors coming back to nourish their appetite for good nutrition. Here the OWG characters write regular blogs and provide healthy lessons that correspond with activities and coloring sheets for download. Visitors can engage in OrganWise-ology CD-Rom games and watch new music videos each week. They can also learn about healthy food items with new Foods of the Month "Fun Facts" and every Friday new recipes will be posted from a celebrity guest chef!
* Teacher Tools provides educators and parents with training videos, lesson plans, activity sheets, curriculum standards, play scripts, media resources and more.
* The New Blog engages individuals, parents, educators and healthy living fans in ways to make health education fun, highlighting our partners who are making positive strides on childhood obesity prevention. The blog invites visitors to share their stories and creative ways they utilize OWG materials at home and in the classroom.
* About Us shares the history of The OrganWise Guys including its partners in health across the country. Here you'll meet the OWG team, find product reviews and journal abstracts that feature OWG programs and important messages about nutrition.
* Shop Our Products, an on-line store, is home to dozens of clever videos, books, dolls, calendars, plush toys and more. All products will provide hours of educational fun for one or the whole family or classroom.
* The New Media Page was created as a resource for journalists, bloggers, and educators to quickly find information about OWG Inc. and related studies, research and media coverage that showcase how OWG programs have improved weight, blood pressure and academic achievement with participating youth. Here you will find published reports from the American Journal of Public Health, the Journal of Healthcare for the Poor and Underserved and others.
"There's a healthy dialogue brewing about childhood obesity and how to best combat this grave public health issue, but we need to act more in addressing the "why's" of this extremely concerning condition of our American youth," added Lombardo. "We need to challenge children to change their behavior in regard to healthy lifestyle habits. Why? Because The OrganWise Guys "Love who we live in, so please take care of us!" The OrganWise Guys have been empowering children with this message in classroom settings and now we?re sharing the content with families at home by expanding our digital platform. Most importantly we hope our messages will resonate and be incorporated into some aspect of everyone's daily life. It's smart, fun and effective and will serve everyone well."
Fans and friends of The OrganWise Guys can follow its blogs, receive newsletters, and share their thoughts on Facebook and Twitter.
The OrganWise Guys, Inc.
Since 1993, The OrganWise Guys Inc. (OWG INC) has partnered with a variety of public and private entities to bring science-based nutrition, physical activity, and other lifestyle behavior messages to children and adults. Their specialty is combining a depth of knowledge of the research on nutrition and preventive health care practices with creative, attention-getting, curricula-linked resources that challenge learners to change their behavior. Through The OrganWise Guys Comprehensive School Program, OWG INC is working to improve children?s health, fitness, and academic performance while reducing childhood obesity rates.
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at email@example.com