Dad of Divas' Reviews: Seven kids ate rat poison thiking it was candy

Friday, January 14, 2011

Seven kids ate rat poison thiking it was candy

Today in San Francisco, seven middle school students were taken to hospitals after ingesting small amounts of rat poison they found on top of a classroom filing cabinet, thinking the single blue cube was candy

It’s easy to mix up candy with other substances especially pills. And things like apple juice can be confused with pine cleaner.  California Poison Control System has two games available that parents can play with their kids to help educate them on how easy it is to mistake one item for another.  Here are the websites – play and see how you score and the memory game

For more free weekly safety tips to cell phones, text the word TIPS or PUNTOS for Spanish to 69866.  If you think you may have ingested poison, stay calm and call California Poison Control System at 1-800-222-1222.  Trained certified pharmacists, nurses and poison information providers to help 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  The service is free, confidential and interpreters are always available.  Become a fan on Facebook at California Poison Control System and follow on Twitter @poisoninfo

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at

1 comment:

Brian M. Sweig said...

I like this blog.You explain everything about rat control .Keep posting as I am gonna come to read it everyday.Visit here