Dad of Divas' Reviews: Product Review - My Best Fish Friend (BFF)

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Product Review - My Best Fish Friend (BFF)

About the Product 
My Best Fish Friend is the hottest new kids’ item this season. This amazing product is launching an internet and As Seen On TV campaign. Unlike any other product in the market place, My Best Fish Friend, also known as My BFF is a cool science kit. You drop the magical "miracle pouch" in non chlorinated water and within 24 hours real live baby fish hatch and grow into beautiful colorful fish. Being able to watch the growth process of these fish is amazing. My Best Fish Friend brings new surprises every day, as they grow and change color.  It is impossible to compare a live pet, which kids can learn such valuable lessons by taking care of these fish from birth onto adulthood to any other toy product.

Speaking of the benefits of My Best Fish Friend, President of My BFF, Nancy Duitch said, “The value of this product is beyond tangible measurement. There is an educational factor which teaches kids science and the lifecycle process. My BFF comes with a sense of compassion, companionship, and togetherness which translates teaching the kids responsibility. But the product also has an entertainment factor that enables families to enjoy countless hours with their new best fish friend.”

Through innovative scientific technology, rare fish eggs are bred, fortified, and preserved. This allows the live organic embryos to be reconstructed once placed in water. The product has been intuitively designed and tested for easy use and has up to 8-10 fish eggs per bag. The kit contains all that is needed, including 30 days of food, feeding tools, and detailed instructions. Extensive testing and development of the product has been done to ensure consumer satisfaction (if instructions are followed correctly).

My BFF is the incredible new way to raise your own pet, and it’s as easy as 1-2-3, Miracle Pouch + Water = My BFF. My Best Fish Friend is ideal for the home, the classroom, the office or as a special gift.



My Take on the Product
I am always looking for products that encourage my kids to look beyond themselves. I also have always enjoyed science. This product was brought to my attention, and I thought, what a better way to let my kids know about science and the wonder of life.

So when I received my BFF,, I started by reading the instructions. This at first may seem a bit daunting, as there are a number of steps that you must follow for everything to work out, from using bottled water to making the food for the fish. It is important to follow the instructions as they make it very clear that not following the instructions may cause the fish not to hatch.

After reading the instructions, I placed the egg bag in the Aquafina that I had on hand and in only a few hours I noticed some fish. After a few more days I had even more fish in the container. The fish now are a few weeks old and are getting larger by the week.

The girls are loving watching them grow and I know that this will only continue into the future as they continue to get bigger.

I have been able to find the brine shrimp eggs that I need at a local pet store and they have worked well (after using some from the BFF kit). Every few days I do change some of the water and know that this will only continue.

I will say that this process is one that takes time and is not for the person looking for an easy pet. This takes time and effort and I know that I will have to do the majority of the work at this point as it is a bit much for my girls at this point.

Overall, I have enjoyed this product and I know that we will in the future as well! If you are looking for a fun way to celebrate science, get a BFF for you and your family today!





































All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: