Dad of Divas' Reviews: Game Review - Scooby-Doo and The Spooky Swamp

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Game Review - Scooby-Doo and The Spooky Swamp

About the GameIn Scooby-Doo and the Spooky Swamp, Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, Daphne, Velma and Fred are on an all-new adventure to uncover the mystery behind a strange swamp girl and her peculiar cauldron of brew. For the first time, kids can jump in as any of the Mystery, Inc. characters (including Scooby-Doo) at any time to travel beyond the swamp and into other haunted locales.

Scooby doobie, do, where are you? For this adventure, he is on the Wii! Scooby and his friends at Mystery, Inc put their heads together to solve another puzzler in Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Swamp. The crew is called in to investigate the appearance of a bizarre swamp girl and her caldron of mysterious brew. Help the gang solve the mystery by playing as Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Velma, or Daphne in drop-in/drop-out play that a friend can join at any time. Search for clues in three gigantic haunted open worlds. Solve puzzles, outwit enemy monsters, battle spooky bosses, and don't forget to save time for a couple Scooby Snacks.

Key Features:

  • Modes: Full Mission Co-Op, Full Mission Single-Player, Mini-Games
  • Controllers: Nunchuk Controller
My Take on the GameThis game is great for the scooby-doo fan as it brings together the whole gang to solve another great mystery. There is a lot of text in this game so either the child needs to be able to read on their own, or have a parent around to get the most out of the game. When my kids and I tried this game we played together so I helped them with the reading. The plot is a bit complex and for younger kids it does take a bit to get used to the controls for the game, but once you do it is fun and engaging! I liked all of the tasks that you can complete (such as using a catapult for snowballs or watermellons), making food and washing laundry.

I loved the fact that the characters got to collect scooby snacks as well as collecting medallions, costume parts, and beating up a certain number of bad guys.



I have gotten through a few of the levels and they have been fun thus far. I have read that there are three episodes and know that I will get there soon. I wish there was a way to have more episodes so that the game could continue in the future, but alas, it is not possible and I will have to simply wait for the next game to come out!

Overall, I am pleased with the game, its' story, and the characters.The game is fun and lasts quite some time, and I believe that your family will love it as well!



All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: