Dad of Divas' Reviews: Game Review - WII - Barbie Groom and Glam Pups

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Game Review - WII - Barbie Groom and Glam Pups

About the Game
Barbie Groom and Glam Pups™ is an all-new, fun and engaging game that lets players choose a pup from one of six adorable breeds, then groom it, train it, and dress it up.  Finally, players show off their glam pup in a fabulous dance sequence, runway show and photo shoot! 
Throughout the game, Barbie™ serves as a mentor, providing instruction and tips to the player. 

Features

  • Six Adorable Breeds: Selected based on popularity and dramatic styling potential.
  • Groom: Realistic techniques including bathing and brushing.
  • Train: Teach your pup fun tricks like jump, kiss and spin.
  • Dress: Accessorize with glam clothing, collars and costumes.
  • Show: The culmination of your hard work…the ultimate canine show events: runway show, photo shoot & freestyle dance!

Unique Selling Points
  • Top Doll Brand: Girls 3-6 own an average of 12 Barbie® dolls.
  • Combines 3 Top Play Patterns: Nurture, Fashion & Beauty play.
  • Strong Brand Support: Barbie® is licensed in over 70 categories.
  • On-Pack Promotion: Free 1-month VIP trial on Barbiegirls.com
My Take on the GameWhile I am not a diva myself, I am a diva dad and I am surrounded by a diva world. With this in mind, this game was one that I knew that my daughters would love, though I did not think that I would spend much time with it myself.


In getting the game to review the girls were very excited. Just think, 2 girls, a Barbie video game... what do you think the response was...you guessed it... high pitch screaming... We put the game on, and my eldest, Diva-J jumped right in. She wanted to jump in and start to work with the dogs. I found that the game's graphics were ok, not the best of all WII games, but definitely not the worst. The game was entertaining and my girls were spellbound!.



There were some fun parts within the game for me, especially the training component. It required a bit of dexterity, but alas we were able to figure it out and now Diva-J plays it like a pro.


Overall a fun game for girls!


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: