Those looking to skip the typical tie and cologne for Father’s Day should treat dad to an unforgettable weekend getaway. Whether dad prefers the outdoors and baseball or poker and steaks, Cooperstown, NY and Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa are offering the ultimate Father’s Day escape.
In Cooperstown (3 ½ hours north of NYC) dads can live out their ultimate fantasy and play a round of golf with Baseball Hall of Famers during the annual Hall of Fame Classic Weekend (June 18-20). The Baseball Hall of Fame and Otesaga Resort Hotel’s Leatherstocking Golf Course are offering dads the chance of a lifetime; some of the details include:
- June 18: Attend an exclusive cocktail reception with Hall of Fame team captains
- June 19: Cooperstown Golf Classic. Twenty-eight lucky golfers will have the chance to hit the links at the picturesque Leatherstocking Golf Course with Hall of Famers Gary Carter, Rollie Fingers, Goose Gossage, Harmon Killebrew, Phil Niekro, Mike Schmidt and Ozzie Smith
- June 20: Two tickets to the Hall of Fame Classic, a seven-inning exhibition game featuring seven Hall of Famers and 20 retired major league stars in the Grandstand of Doubleday Field
Tickets for the Cooperstown Golf Classic can be reserved by calling 607-547-0310. The 2010 Hall of Fame Classic tickets are also available for purchase: $12.50 for first and third base seats and $11 for outfield seats (8-ticket max).
Borgata is offering the “Raise the Steaks” package on Father’s Day weekend perfect for dads who love mouth-watering steaks, exciting games of poker, relaxing spa treatments and live performances. Starting at $289 a night, dads can enjoy:
Overnight accommodations in a Classic Room at Borgata or Club Room at The Water Club
· $55 Credit to The Barbershop where Spa Toccare offers a tribute to masculinity with services including the Signature Hot Towel Shave
· Poker Lesson at Borgata’s 85-table Poker Room – the largest in Atlantic City – for Dad to perfect his skills before trying his luck in one of the daily tournaments
· $100 Food & Beverage Credit, which can be used at any of Borgata’s fine or casual dining restaurants, including Old Homestead Steak House or Bobby Flay Steak where Dad can savor the quintessential American entrée – like an NY Strip – any way he wants
· $25 Beverage Credit for after-dinner drinks at B Bar, the high energy, ultra lounge in the heart of all the action or Borgata’s rock n’ roll tequila haven, Gypsy Bar
· In-room gift including a HUGO BOSS duffle bag with an exclusive offer for their boutique at The Shoppes at The Water Club and amenities from Redken For Men