- Submit a photo of the craft and instructions on how you made the craft using the entrant form provided. The photo must be a file under 1MB, and we recommend including your name in the file name. Go To The Form
- Don't forget to tell how much the materials cost, if anything. Remember, the craft should not cost more than $5.00 dollars and should be easy for children to make.
- Upload a 2-minute video to YouTube.com showing how your craft is assembled along with a step-by-step instruction. Title your video "C4k555.org Crafts for Pets Contest (Your Name Here)" If you are unable to submit a video, then submit detailed instructions along with pictures for each stage of assembly. (Size of the photo image must be under 1 MB) Please use your name as the photo title (i.e. janedoe.jpg) and use our contest form by Clicking Here.
- All entries must be submitted before June 25th and the winner will be announced on July 10th. Increase your chances, make lots of crafts and treats for your pet, and enter as many times as you like.
- Visit the upload page by Clicking Here and submit an entry form.
- All contest entries will become the sole property of Crafter's 4 Kids and may be used for, but not limited to, PR communications, marketing, and crafting workshops. By entering into the contest you are consenting to the terms outlined in the contest rules.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Pet Crafts & Treat Ideas Wanted
Sandy Sandler, pet owner, founder of non-profit http://www.c4k555.org/ and creator of the best selling Bowdabra, knows that a pet can be a prominent family member. She takes Nouvelle, her husky, on vacation whenever possible, and, out of guilt, hire a sitter when she can't.
Pets can get expensive, even out of control when you start considering food, treats, vet bills, and so many other costs, like toys, beds and so on!
"Here's your chance to show off your crafty or culinary skills and make something cool and unique. Make a collar, make a rattle shaker, or even a quick, healthy, tasty treat," Sandler says. "Create anything that grabs the attention of your furry or feathered friend, a toy, or even a quick, healthy, tasty treat."
It doesn't have to take long and it doesn't have to be expensive. Just try to spend less than $5.00 dollars when making your submission. In fact, Sandler suggests usin the items around your house or garage. Use old T-shirts, socks, shoes…whatever you can get your hands on, grab it, and innovate! Don't stop your creative juices there.
Showcase your craftiness in this month's "Crafts and Treats Kids can Make for their Pets" contest through June 25th, 2010. "Team up with your brothers, sisters, friends or classmates to develop something special for your furry friends," Sandler adds. "Whether a cat, dog or bird, it doesn't matter. A pet is a pet and that qualifies you to enter the contest. You can even make crafts and treats for pets at your local animal shelter."
Details to enter the "Crafts and Treats Kids can Make for their Pets" contest follow:
If your video is selected as the winner, then you guessed it, you will receive a $100.00 gift certificate to Amazon.com and your craft will be featured on ABC TV with Sandy Sandler, one of favecrafts.com featured designers and the creator of the best selling Bowdabra bow maker. This great opportunity will showcase to the world your creative idea and the inspiration behind the craft.