Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The Worst Night Ever

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Book Review - The Worst Night Ever

The Worst Night Ever

 photo disclaimer_zpsd3x74ej2.jpg


About the Book
Last year, Wyatt Palmer was the hero of middle school, having foiled a plot against the president of the United States. But now he and his friends are in Coral Cove High School-home of the Fighting Conchs-and Wyatt is no longer a hero: He's just another undersized freshman, hoping to fit in, or at least not be unpopular. Things start to go wrong when Matt Diaz, who is Wyatt's best friend but also unfortunately an idiot, decides to bring his pet ferret, Frank, to school. Through an unfortunate series of events Frank ends up in the hands of the Bevin brothers, who are the most popular boys at Coral Cove High, but are also, as Matt soon discovers, the nastiest. When Wyatt and Matt try to get Frank back, they concoct a plan to attend a party for the cool clique at the Bevin's waterfront mansion and stumble onto the Bevin family's dark and deadly secret. That's when Wyatt learns that some things are worse than being unpopular in high school. MUCH worse.



My Take on the Book

I have loved the writing of Dave Barry for years but have not read any of his writing for younger audiences. I have to say that I am so glad that I picked up this book as this was a ton of fun. Also, I decided to read this with my 12 year old daughter and seeing that she is in middle school she seemed to love this book as much as I did.

The book does have humor which I would have expected with who the author is, but it also offered a number of twists and turns and suspense that I was not expecting. The book was a compelling read and my daughter and I found that we did not want to put down the book. By the end we were hoping that a second book existed.

All-in-all Dave Barry has created a novel that both adults and kids alike can enjoy!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: