Dad of Divas' Reviews: Product Review - Brainwave Starter Kit

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Product Review - Brainwave Starter Kit

About the Product
Leading Brain-Computer Interface company, NeuroSky, has recently launched the Brainwave Starter Kit, a MindWave Mobile package that offers an introduction to the power of the human brain through fun, interactive applications.

Simply slip on the MindWave Mobile EEG headset and see your brainwaves displayed on screen in the colorful Brainwave Visualizer. Watch your relaxation levels change in real time as you listen to your favorite music, or monitor your attention levels as you do a series of math problems in Speed Math!

“We’re excited to begin offering the Brainwave Starter Kit and look forward to introducing our technology to a new generation.” said Stanley Yang, NeuroSky CEO. “This new package, targeted to younger users, delivers an easy, fun way to discover your own brainwave patterns.”

The device consists of a headset, an ear clip, and a sensor arm. The headset’s electrodes are on the ear clip and on the sensor arm, which rests on the forehead above the eye. As the world's first comprehensive brainwave-reading device for iOS and Android, the MindWave Mobile headset is evolved for today's mobile user. It differs from its sister-product MindWave by transferring the user's RAW brainwave data via Bluetooth rather than radio frequency.

Whether it is blowing up a can of RedBull on the iPad, or levitating a cupcake on an Android device, MindWave Mobile lets users train their brain to focus and relax no matter where they are. Listed at $99.99, Brainwave Starter Kit works with over 100 software applications available through http://store.neurosky.com.

My Take on the Product
If you have not figured it out yet I love technology! I love to have the new tech gadgets to try out and to share with my family. I have to say that when I heard about this new product I was at first a bit skeptical, as I had no clue how this could work, and in saying that how well it could work if it did. I was lucky enough to be able to try this product out for myself to see not only how it worked but also what I thought about it and I have to thank the company for that as without this I would not have been as likely to recommend it to others. Though the images you see above may look a bit strange the product actually works very well and is very intuitive to watch you are thinking when you are thinking it. It does take a little time to get used to how the product works, but once you do you have the opportunity to be able to engage your brain in some great mental exercises, as well as having some fun as well. I founded extremely interesting to see how my brain wave patterns changed when I was doing different things, or thinking about different things. My kids even thought it was very cool to see and come to a better understanding of how their own brain works as I explained it to them. All-in-all I was quite impressed with how this works and am hopeful that there will be additional games and downloads that can be used with this in the future.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: