Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The 360 Degree Leader

Friday, October 14, 2011

Book Review - The 360 Degree Leader

About the Book
New York Times best-selling author John C. Maxwell shows anyone how to lead, regardless of their level in any organization.

In his nearly thirty years of teaching leadership, John Maxwell has encountered this question again and again: How do I apply leadership principles if I’m not the boss? It’s a valid question that Maxwell answers in The 360 Degree Leader.

You don’t have to be the main leader, asserts Maxwell, to make significant impact in your organization. Good leaders are not only capable of leading their followers but are also adept at leading their superiors and their peers. Debunking myths and shedding light on the challenges, John Maxwell offers specific principles for Leading Down, Leading Up, and Leading Across.

360-Degree Leaders can lead effectively, regardless of their position in an organization. By applying Maxwell’s principles, you can expand your influence and ultimately be a more valuable team member.

My Take on the Book
I have been a fan of John Maxwell for some time, and each time I read his books I leave saying, yes, that is so right! What I loved about this book was that it was so straight forward and made so much sense. No longer do you have to sit back and wonder what type of leader you are, through his assessment you get a better understanding of yourself as well as of the people around you. The book shares some great ideas about leadership in general and how you can become a better leader all-together. I especially enjoyed how he took the different sections of the book into small chunks with outlines that you can follow and implement. All-in-all this was a great book that I would highly recommend to anyone who is trying to become a stronger leader!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: